Research areas of the department:
- qualitative theory of delay differential and difference equations, asymptotic behavior and stability of solutions
- state-dependent delay equations and their applications
- integral equations and inequalities, integro-differential equations
- deterministic and stochastic dynamical systems and their applications in population models, neural networks, chemical transport processes, compartmental systems, finantial models
- numerical approximation of dynamical systems
- one- and multidimensional bin-packing, scheduling problems
The Research Laboratory for Differential Equations and their Applications associated to the Department of Mathematics is internationally recognized, it has an active research activity. The head of the laboratory is István Győri.